Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Faithful

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" Philipians 1:6

Most days, I can not even tell it ever happened. Most days, I carry on in this fast paced life, forgetting where I have been. Most days, I am so focused on the next scheduled activity, that I do not take the time to be thankful for my stability, ability, and mobility. And then, there are days like today.

Today, my arm was dead weight. I could not open the jar of pickles. The bucket was too heavy for me to carry. I could not turn the door knob. Today, my leg was numb. I could not feel my toes. My foot was cold. Today, my eye was blurry. I could not read the sentences in a book. I could not read the sign on the road. My eyelid was heavy, I could not see.

To focus on where I am going, I must be reminded of where I have been. To be fully used of Him, I must remember how I was healed by Him. To be healed by Him is not a miracle of my own, it is a work He preformed for His Glory. A show for the lost and saved alike, a testament of His power.

Today I remember the disease that had me bed ridden. I remember the days of uncertainty and fear. Today, I remember the doctors, the nurses, the prognosis, the death sentence....but most of all, I remember the feeling of His arms around me. I remember the words of the doctor, "It's gone, I have no other explanation, is that good enough for you"....and of the next, "Your eye is healed, I cannot tell you why".....and those very special words, "YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, IN JESUS NAME."

I have scars of my past, but I do not fear them, in fact, I welcome them. They are my constant reminder that He delivered me, and I cannot keep it to myself, there is a world to be told of the Faithfulness of our God. There is no doubt that I have been called, there is no doubt He is guiding my life, there is not doubt, and I am "Confident, that He who began a good work in me is faithful to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments: